Friday, December 28, 2007

Best present ever!!!!

Santa was very nice to the Bradley family this year. Scott may not agree with that statement entirely. While seeing Santa, Courtney asked for a guitar and a sewing machine. Mason asked for a guitar and a bow and arrow. I don't believe Santa spoke too much to Makenna as to not upset her - being grateful she sat in his lap was enough! Well, Santa heard them loud and clear. Courtney got a sewing machine and a knitting machine - very cool. Mason got a Nerf bow and arrow set, and a few other things that shot out nerf-like items - poor dogs. They all got guitars. Of course, Makenna's is a Backyardigans version of a guitar, but the other two are true guitars - picks and all. If that wouldn't be loud enough, they also got a battery-operated keyboard. Yesterday morning, Courtney and Mason were playing their guitars while Makenna played the keyboard and sang. The making of the Bradley band - move over Partridge family!!!!

Scott and I must have been very good this year as well. We received a DVD player with two monitors for the car. Let me tell you, this present has saved my sanity!!!! I no longer have bickering children riding in my car. They are quiet. Halleluha!!!!!!!!

The best present of all is actually two events. One, my Mom has returned home from rehab center. She is still a bit weak from the pneumonia, but she is on the mend. I am truly grateful that we got one more Christmas with her. Secondly, Scott's dad has regained some of his speech. He can speak a few 3-4 word sentences. Woo Hoo!!!!

It was a very Merry Christmas. Next, I need to work on my New Year's Resolutions - oh, yeah! Until next time....

No comments: