Sunday, April 20, 2008

Not so much to say and so much time to say it

Good gravy, my life is a bit boring lately. I think the most exciting thing that has happened in the last few weeks is that we got some "new to us" furniture. Some friends of my in-laws are moving back to England so they were getting rid of a lot of their furniture. We got a beautiful solid wood kitchen table with 6 chairs, a full size bed, and a white wicker nightstand.

The bed and nightstand went to Courtney. Of course, that meant we had to get new bedding. She is such a girl or I should say young lady. She wanted a lamp that went with the bedding and even brought her own money to buy it. I couldn't make her pay for it even if it wasn't on my list of things to get. Which meant Mason had to get a new lamp. He got a Cars themed lamp that looks like a stop light. Its very cool. All three got clothes hampers. Maybe their dirty clothes can make it into the hamper instead of the floor. Wishful thinking.

My mom fell again. This time in the bathroom. The good news is that she just bruised her tailbone. I told her that if she had a bigger butt like myself, she wouldn't have gotten hurt. My mother has no boobs, no butt, and is thin. Yep, you guessed it, I took after my dad. Big hips, big boobs, big butt. Thank God it all stopped with the big nose. Serious honkers on my dad's side.

Not much else is new. Need to make a hair appointment this week as we leave for Dallas a week from Thursday. Friday I will be picking up the girls' dresses for the wedding. I can't believe its almost here.

Well, I need to get to bed to start my crazy, yet somehow still boring, week. Until next time...

1 comment:

Joy said...

Your poor mom. I broke my tailbone a few years ago (in spite of my giant ass) and man oh man does it hurt.